Thursday 24 January 2013

If you like...


This week I decided to share some of my book wisdom. This post is for those who are looking for books similar to authors they previously have or are currently reading. I know it can be hard to find similar authors/stories so hopefully this will help! I’ve tried to do a variety of authors and genres.

Jodi Picoult: (general fiction)
The Violets of March/The Bungalow/Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio
The Memory Keeper’s Daughter by Kim Edwards
Still Alice by Lisa Genova


 John Grisham: (mystery/suspense)
Kill the Messenger by Tami Hoag
The Brick Layer by Noah Boyd


Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games): (post apocalyptic)
The Maze Runner series by James Dashner
Possession by Elana Johnson
Wind on Fire trilogy by William Nicholson



Dewey the Library Cat by Vicki Myron: (nature/pet stories)
The Daily Coyote by Shreve Stockton
The Rescue of Belle and Sundance by Birgit Stutz
Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love by Larry Levin


Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling: (9-12 series)
The Rangers Apprentice by John Flanagan
Vampirates by Justin Somper
Fablehaven by Brandon Mull

Those are just a few of hundreds of thousands of authors! I tried to pick some more popular ones in the hopes that more people might find something they would be interested in. One of these weeks I will write a post about some of my favourite books that most people haven’t heard about. I love finding those books as they are usually the best reads!!!! I will also do some more “If you like...” books in the future. This is just a taste of what is to come! BRING ON THE BOOKS!!!!!
Thank you so much for reading and I hope you have a fabulous day! Happy reading everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment