Saturday 12 May 2012

I Love Claudia Gray

It's true. I love Claudia Gray. I was introduced to the author (not in person, sadly) by an old co-worker of mine. She told me about this teen series that was about vampires (the big thing at the time) and you don't know who all of the vampires are. Say WHAT?!?!?! Sign me up! So I read Gray's Evernight series (Evernight, Stargazer, Hourglass, Afterlife) and I loved them! Lots of twists and turns, surprises, and not the ending I was expecting.

Balthazar is a character in the Evernight series. While the series was from Bianca's point of view, Balthazar is from Balthazar's point of view and is a bit of a side book (series? Hopefully? I don't know yet, but I suspect.) Balthazar and Skye are brought into the spotlight and the book goes back and forth between the two of them. It is still dealing with vampires, but there is another supernatural being in it as well.

I feel these books are better than Twilight (most books are), and it's nice to still read vampire books. If you're a fan of Twilight, Vampire Diaries, Vampire Academy, etc., please give Gray's books a try. DEFINITELY read the Evernight series first before plunging into Balthazar because there are lots of things you will miss and some things will be ruined if you go backwards.

I can't wait to see what Gray comes out with next! Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment