Thursday 28 February 2013

Let's Hear About YOU!

This is going to be a shorter personal post, because I am looking for some feedback from YOU, the reader. I want to hear a bit about you and the things you like, so hopefully, if you are reading this, you will partake in this little experiment.


Some days I feel like I do not have enough reading time and others I probably have way too much (yes, I think there is such a thing as too much reading time lol. You don't have to agree.) I try to find a happy medium with it, which doesn't always work. I find I need a few things to be in order:
1. I need to actually have the time itself to read.
2. I need to be in a comfortable spot (I envision myself in a comfortable reading chair with a pretty lamp, but this is not currently my reality lol)
3. I like drinking tea when I am reading, although this is not a must. I used to read on the bus and train during school and if I had to stand up, reading a tea along with the situation did not work.
4. Plenty of light. This is important for obvious reasons.
5. The right mind frame. I'm not always in the MOOD to read, and if I try and force myself, I usually end up having to take a bit of a break from reading, which frustrates me to no end.


I like to have reading "things" around me, whether it be that I am surrounded by books or other things. I actually have 2 throw pillows I got from Chapters that are gray and have white books on them. I love them! Also, I like lists of books (to read, that I want to read soon, that I want to buy, etc.). Comfy blankets. Blankets remind me of reading, maybe because I like wrapping myself up in one and grabbing a book.


I have always wanted to have my own library and I have slowly been working on this over the years. I have some shelves, I have more books than will fit on those shelves, and before I packed up all of my books I loved just sitting and looking at my books. All of that information! And just think of how many hours went into creating each one! AMAZING!


Okay, so I have put little random bits about information related to reading. Please comment either on what I have said, things you like (with regards to reading, books, or anything), if you want your own library, etc. Pretty much anything. Like I said, I am experimenting to see who will actually respond and of course I am VERY interested in what you have to say!

Thank you in advance for participating!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment