Friday 22 February 2013

Sweet Valley Confidential by Francine Pascal

The Wakefield Twins-and the whole gang from Sweet Valley High-are back!
What terrible secret has torn Jessica and Elizabeth apart?

Ten years after graduation, the Wakefield twins have had a falling out of epic proportions. When Jessica commits a complete and utter betrayal, Elizabeth flees to New York to escape the pain and immerse herself in her lifelong dream of becoming a serious journalist.
Jessica remains in California, dealing with the consequences of her heart-wrenching choices. She's built a full life for herself but dearly misses her sister. With Elizabeth as her enemy, Sweet Valley is no longer the idyllic town of their youth.
Jessica longs for forgiveness. But Elizabeth, always the "good twin," can't forget Jessica's duplicity-and soon decides the only way to heal her broken heart is to exact sweet, sweet revenge…


Review:
I was intrigued by this book from the moment I heard it existed. I used to read the Sweet Valley books when I was younger and I was really curious to see what Pascal did with her characters in their later years. The actual writing of the book was pretty bad. She’s not the greatest author, but I like her ideas. I had mixed feelings about her decisions with Elizabeth and Jessica. I think it was a great idea to introduce some conflict and see how they stand on their own two feet, but I wish it could have been done in a different way. Having said that, what she chose to do was realistic. It’s something that occurs in life on a regular basis and too many people find themselves in a similar situation. I am glad I read it as I am sure it will be the last instalment with these girls. If you were an avid SV reader, give it a shot and see what you think of what Pascal did! And if you’ve already read it, I would love to hear what you thought of it! I give this book a 2/5.

Happy Reading!

Next Review: Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne

No comments:

Post a Comment