Wednesday 9 November 2011

The Long Quiche Goodbye

Okay, so I said in the beginning that I am going to review different kinds of books, not the same thing over and over. However, I just finished another cozy mystery and I loved it, so I had to include it!  It is The Long Quiche Goodbye by Avery Aames and it is the first in the Cheese Shop Mystery.

http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9780425235522,00.html?The_Long_Quiche_Goodbye_Avery_Aames

http://www.averyaames.com/index.html
In this book we meet Charlotte who is a part owner of the Fromagerie Bessette, a cheese shop. She runs it with her cousin, Matthew, who has twin daughters and the four of them share a house. The night of the grand re-opening of the shop, there is a murder right outside and Charlotte's grandmother is the number one suspect. Charlotte is urged by her friends to investigate herself, as the chief does not seem to be getting any closer to finding out who the real killer is. Will she be able to find out the truth before her grandmother is sent to jail and loses the election for mayor to Kristine?

I absolutely LOVE the characters in this book! And one of my favourites is Rags, Charlotte's cat.  He goes everywhere with her and she treats him the way I treat my cats: like a baby. The relationships between different characters are really great, there is a bit of humour, and I think everyone wishes they had a grandma like Charlotte's! I think this will definitely be a new favourite series of mine and I cannot wait to read more! There are only 3 books so far in this series: The Long Quiche Goodbye, Lost and Fondue, and Clobbered With Camembert (due to be released in February). Enjoy, my fellow book lovers!  And don't forget to tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment